Thursday 24 May 2012

National Vegetarian Week

21st May 2012-27th May 2012



YES YES!! It is currently National Vegetarian Week! Why did nobody tell me, a week to make all my friends and family beautiful veggie food that they can't complain about.

So being a vegan I enjoy amazing food everyday without an ounce of animal and I really do eat well.I love cooking for myself, for others and I hope this week I can help inspire some of my meat eater friends to stop before buying meat and try something delicious and different, something meat free.

My top 5 mock meat treats:

5. Redwood Wholefoods - Gourmet Fishless Cakes. I love these with chips, peas and ketchup, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

4. Linda McCartneys - Sausage Rolls. As a snack, on the go or part of something bigger Linda's sausage rolls make a great treat. I think they are perfect party food, great with dips.

3. Love Soya Mince. Full of flavour and the textures great. Most meat eaters who have tried it say it's nicer than cow.

2. Redwood Wholefoods - Meat Free Southern Fried Chicken Style Pieces - This stuff is amazing, it has great flavour and goes well in salads or try with rice and peas.

1. Linda McCartney Country Pies - my boyfriends favourite, great manly filling Sunday afternoon food, switch your Sunday lunch this week!

Here are some great websites selling lots of vegetarian food:

http://www.lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk/

http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk/

http://www.infinityfoodswholesale.co.uk/

SWAP SWAP



Try almond milk with your cereal in the morning, a nutty wake up splash.

Happy vegging x


Check out the inspirational website below:

http://www.nationalvegetarianweek.org/

2 comments:

  1. I did not know it was vegetarian week! Thanks for the info.
    My husband and I are vegetarians...happy to be plant based. I love my garden vegetables!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll be posting a lovely vegan recipe every week so keep keep your eyes peeled. X

    ReplyDelete